Wednesday, June 20, 2007

I need more sleep!

I'm the type of person that is not very nice when I don't get enough sleep. And right now, I'm not feeling very nice. This is why:


For the past two weeks, from 7 am 'til 4 pm, there is the constant noise of construction trucks. Arrrgh!! It's so noisy, we can't open the windows, or else we can't hear each other speak. The whole house vibrates too.

We're the last house on a dead-end street, which was nice and quiet. After this construction is done, we will be turned into a corner house, on a street that connects to a main road. We knew this day was coming. Oh well! I guess I could go to bed earlier so that I'm up by 7 am, but that would mean less knitting time, so that's not really an option!
My dream house would be on lots of land, where your neighbours couldn't see into your windows. Where my kids can play outside and I don't have to worry about them being run over. Where all you hear is the sounds of nature! I'm so thankful that my husband wants that too.
Finished up those Kool-Aid socks:



These were so fun! I need to knit up my Sockapalooza socks next.

8 comments:

Susan Pandorf said...

We were the second house built on our street, so I know what you're going through. The noise, the dust, the fact that you can't leave the windows open...

Hang in there. This too shall pass. Take two aspirin with a glass of wine and a good set of double points, and call me in the morning.

In the meantime, be glad they aren't using a pile driver.

Blessings1

knitting bean said...

Sorry about the construction noise. However, your kool-aid socks are great. I LOVE the self striping yarn. I tried some myself after I saw your blog and I'm very anxious to get it on some needles. Thanks for the inspiration!

Anonymous said...

Your Kool-aid socks are beautiful...I want to try the self striping method...I love your colors!!

Monika said...

That's too bad aboaut the construction site! I would go crazy, almost did, we had this a few years ago. Thankfully behind our back yard they put the park. It was very dusty too, when the construction was still going on. I love your socks. You did a great job on dyeing and knitting. Hope you are not too mad that I didn't play along.

Anonymous said...

I hope the construction is finished soon. How awful. Your socks are really pretty! Nice job.

Anonymous said...

Your socks are both gorgeous!! I love the dying job you did -- I've only ever dyed with Kook Aid all-over. I'm fascinated now to make self-striping. What brand did you use for your base yarn?

Michelle said...

Hi Margo!
For the base yarn, I didn't use anything fancy. Just Patons Kroy from Michaels, and another similar superwash/nylon yarn called Sisu. Both were in a natural color.

Anonymous said...

Kool socks. Love the colours and the effects.