Friday, June 22, 2007

Chevrons

It's time to get cracking on my Sockapalooza socks. I know I definitely want a chevron pattern to go with the stripy Vesper. Here is a list of all the chevron patterns I could find:

Speedway

Jaywalker

Broadripple

Ampersand (pdf)

Rhodie Gus (pdf)

Sock It To Me Chevron

Carolina (pdf)

Groovy Socks

Chevron Socks

Chevron and Feather

Peak Experience Socks from Fiber Trends

Chevron from Sensational Knitted Socks

So which one did I choose? I decided to stick with the Speedways. I like how the Chevron is nice and big, and centered at the front of the foot. I also think the twisted rib gives it a clean and sporty look. I'll post a picture tomorrow. Have a great day!

3 comments:

km said...

You seem to obviously know socks. I've got a question for you. I want to try to knit socks...but when I was at my LYS, I tried the sample sock on my hand/arm. The sock was in Trekking XXL and super itchy. Do you have any recommendations for yarns with less wool...or less itch? Any sock patterns that you'd recommend to a sock virgin? http://dayinthelifeof531.blogspot.com/ Thanks for your help. KM

Tammy said...

I really liked your speedways! Good choice! I am definitely up for some Kool-Aid swapping. Give me the weekend to recover from VBS and we'll touch base on what we can swap. When you get a chance, send me your e-mail address.

Anonymous said...

Wow, what a choice of patterns. I've no idea how you decided. Thank you for choosing my pattern thogh. Just seen the ones you posted on SAM 3 and they look fab.