Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Two New Bags

I love my Knitting Needles bag!



It was such a quick and easy pattern. I used Patons Shetland Chunky in Dark Olive, about 2.5 balls. The wooden needles are 9mm, and the lining is Amy Butler. The thing I was looking forward the most about making this bag was trying out my new sewing machine. I have to say, it was a lot harder than I thought it would be! I hadn't touched a sewing machine since grade 8 home ec., so I had to read the manual cover to cover. I'm not going to tell you how many hours it took me to sew two pieces of fabric together, 'cause it's really embarrassing! I'm so pleased with the result. Now I have to convince Hubby I need to join a sewing class.

I also got this little cutie from Schrodinger Originals:



On a completely different topic...have you heard about homeschooling being declared illegal in California? I don't know all the details, and as far as I know you can continue to homeschool without fear the government coming after you, but still. It's very scary, the way society is now. I know there are a few homeschooling moms that read this blog from California, and I just wanted to let you guys know, you and your children are in my prayers!

4 comments:

km said...

A topic I've discussed with friends is Gradualism. Yes the whole "homeschooling is illeagel" topic is scary. But, what scares me more is how freedoms can be taken away in pieces and no one gets concerned until it's too late. We appreciate your prayers...and we're fighting for our freedoms.

Tammy said...

Cute bags! I've been wanting to knit one but am afraid of the lining part. I'll have to recruit a friend with some sewing skills for help.

Thanks for your prayers regarding our homeschool situation. There's an amazing group of professionals and politicians working on it from many angles so we're not very worried... but are definitely praying. Also, it hasn't actually been ruled illegal, it was a family court situation in which the judge ruled that the parents didn't have the constitutional right to homeschool. A ruling that I think should be scary to every parent! But for homeschoolers it does set a legal precedent that is not very favorable.

msubulldog said...

Both bags are so great! The lining on your knitting bag turned out fabulous--who cares how long it took. *grin* And those little sheepies are adorable.

Knitcrazy said...

Wow.. I love EVERYTHING that you have made !!! You are such a wonderful Knitter..