Friday, March 7, 2008

More baby knitting...

A few weeks ago, I was at Walmart browsing around the baby section. I spotted some simple flannel burp cloths, and thought to myself that I'll be needing lots of those. Then I looked at the price...$9 for 2, tiny rectangles of fabric! Ha! Forget it! I immediately went over to the craft isle and grabbed an armful of Handicrafter cotton.

That was a few weeks ago...this is now:



Pattern: Baby Genius Burp Cloth from Mason-Dixon Knitting

Yarn: Bernat Handicrafter, 2 balls per cloth.

Needles: 5mm

I'm very pleased I have such pretty cloths for baby to spit up on, but I'm so sick of Handicrafter now!

Also on the needles are some vests from Debbie Bliss' Essential Baby:




3 comments:

km said...

The site of those burp cloths almost makes me want another baby. I did say ALMOST. I sure wish I'd had those. What pattern is the Patton's Grace Vest? I've often looked at that yarn because it's so pretty. Yet I think it's crazy skinny...and I couldn't imagine knitting with it.

Anonymous said...

Love those burp cloths. I used muslin squares but those are so much nicer.

Natalie said...

I just surfed my way here. Lovely blog! Those burp cloths are cute. I'll have to make some for friends who are expecting!